Decongestant medications reduce stuffiness and sinus pressure by constricting the blood vessels in your nose, which reduces swelling. Pseudoephedrine and phenylephrine are available over the counter as Sudafed and are safe for many women to use during pregnancy.
Can you take Tylenol Sinus while pregnant?
For example, while Tylenol pain reliever (acetaminophen) is relatively safe for occasional use during pregnancy, Tylenol Sinus Congestion and Pain and Tylenol Cold Multi-Symptom liquid contain the decongestant phenylephrine, which is not.
Can I take mucinex while pregnant?
Mucinex is likely safe to take while breastfeeding and during the second and third trimesters of pregnancy. Before taking any medication while pregnant or breastfeeding, it’s a good idea to talk to your doctor first.
What meds are OK to take while pregnant?
Over-the-Counter Medications Safe to Take During Pregnancy
- Antacids (Tums, Rolaids, Mylanta, Maalox, Pepcid, Prevacid)
- Simethicone (Gas-X, Mylicon for gas pain, Gaviscon)
- Immodium or BRAT diet (bananas, rice, applesauce, toast or tea) for diarrhea.
Can I take Tylenol Cold and Flu Severe when pregnant?
Common concerns from people taking Tylenol Cold And Flu Severe (Acetaminophen / Phenylephrine / Dextromethorphan / Guaifenesin) The FDA hasn’t classified this medicine’s effects on unborn babies. Talk with your doctor about this medicine if you’re pregnant or planning on it.
What cold medicines are safe during pregnancy?
Common Cold Medicine and Pregnancy: The Safe List
- Acetaminophen (Tylenol)
- Diphenhydramine (Benadryl)
- Pseudoephedrine (Sudafed)
- Loratadine (Claritin)
- Zinc lozenges.
- Chloraseptic spray (but a salt water gargle is just as effective, with no risks)
26 авг. 2009 г.
How can I get rid of phlegm during pregnancy?
Use steam to help loosen the mucus. Gargle with warm salt water to soothe a sore throat, or suck on throat lozenges. Slow down and relax. Rest can strengthen your immune system and help you fight the infection.
Is Robitussin DM OK for pregnancy?
Robitussin DM is a cough remedy containing guaifenesin to loosen mucus and dextromethorphan, a medication to suppress coughing. Both ingredients are safe to use during pregnancy.
What food can kill a baby when pregnant?
We’ve addressed some foods that are harmful and should be avoided when you’re pregnant for your safety and that of your baby.
- Meats. …
- Cheese. …
- Fish. …
- Raw or Undercooked Eggs. …
- Raw or Undercooked Salad Greens. …
- Alcohol. …
13 авг. 2019 г.
What medicine can you not take while pregnant?
What medicines should you avoid during pregnancy?
- Bismuth subsalicylate (such as Pepto-Bismol).
- Phenylephrine or pseudoephedrine, which are decongestants. …
- Cough and cold medicines that contain guaifenesin. …
- Pain medicines like aspirin and ibuprofen (such as Advil and Motrin) and naproxen (such as Aleve).
Is Vicks Vapor Rub safe during pregnancy?
Vicks Vaporub is safe for mums-to-be and helps relieve the symptoms of a blocked nose, sore throat and cough. It is available as an ointment for rubbing on the chest, throat or back, and can also be added to hot water and the vapours inhaled.
What can I take for cold and flu while pregnant?
Safe OTC Cold and Flu Treatment to Use During Pregnancy
- Acetaminophen (Tylenol)
- Saline nasal drops or spray.
- Tylenol Sinus.
- Tylenol Cold and Flu.
- Warm salt/water gargle.
5 авг. 2020 г.
How do you fight a cold when pregnant?
- menthol rub on your chest, temples, and under the nose.
- nasal strips, which are sticky pads that open congested airways.
- cough drops or lozenges.
- acetaminophen (Tylenol) for aches, pains, and fevers.
- cough suppressant at night.
- expectorant during the day.
5 авг. 2016 г.
Can you take DayQuil when pregnant?
Decongestants like Sudafed and DayQuil are generally cautioned against after the first trimester and only in a limited amount. Avoid non-steroidal nasal sprays containing oxymetazoline. Don’t take supplemental vitamins or herbal remedies without medical approval.